We have reached the magical day four, where, if there were any developmental problems that were incompatible with life, they would have already shown up. And all ten are healthy and well and growing! What a blessing! I am so pleased with the litter’s growth and their full round bellies. And Lucy is full of energy, being an awesome mom, and loves to fetch and run and play with us when she is not nursing her puppies or eating massive amounts of food and eggs from the obliging chickens. 🙂
I took some pictures of them all in a huddle, I will need an extra set of adult hands to do individual pictures, so that will have to wait for Josh. I also have ordered some soft cloth colored bands so that we can tell them apart. Usually by now I can just look and know who is who…but with so many males, five white puppies, and then the three black who are almost identically marked with a chest patch and little beard (just like the black ones in the last litter) I have to pick them up and examine who is who. Colored bands will help us all to figure out who is who in pictures. They should be here in a couple of days. So first, pictures, and then I will give descriptions of all the puppies. Once we have individual pictures up I will begin to contact those on the wait list, and send you contracts.
The colors are pretty much the same as our last litter, so be thinking about what you like best, and look at some past pictures in the last few posts. They all end up being SO cute. Good luck deciding. 🙂
Here are descriptions of each, and I will assign colors/names etc to them once the bands come in the mail. 2 day shipping, yay Prime!
- Blue merle, full tail, darker on right front leg. Light spotted face. White chest patch.
- White- very chunky. Curly coat. 1/2 tail.
- Black, full tail. Curly coat. White chest patch/beard/chin. White tipped back paws. Chunky.
4. Blue merle. Bob tail. White chest patch. Darker left side of face. Even merle all over.
5. Black. Curly coat. full tail. White tipped back feet. Chest patch and beard.
6. Black. Slicker coat. White chest patch, beard, tipped toes.
7. White. Smallest puppy. Full tail. Less curly. Slightly peach.
8. White. Big ole chunk. Full tail. Curly coat.
9. White. Smallish. Full tail. Wavy slick coat.
10. White. Half tail. Super curly. Chunky.